When we look at the intersection of today’s headlines and God’s concern we see topics like racism, #metoo, immigration, and violence. In each of these discussions, the common thread is power. It’s the same when we look at the topics of spirited discussion in our churches, like the budget, mission, stewardship, and recruitment of leaders. And yet power is something we rarely talk about, analyze, or organize around, even though we’re dealing with it, using it, or finding ourselves without it, all the time.
Better Angels has something for everyone. We invite you to enter the discussion of power where you find it most relevant, by choosing one of seven areas of concentration:
• The March is Over…Now What?
• Gender and Power in Church Settings
• Feeling Overexposed to Logics and Systems of Supremacy
• Leading the Mission Committee Beyond Charity
• Advanced Topics in Understanding Power
• What If We Are the Next Charlottesville?
• Can Understanding Power Make Preaching More Powerful?
Learn more at montreat.org/better-angels.