Visit the zoo without ever leaving your classroom! The Greenville Zoo broadcasts award winning videoconferencing programs directly from our classroom to yours and incorporates a variety of hands-on activities in every class.
- Who: Kindergarten – Senior citizens
- When: Monday through Friday, year-round
- Where: Anywhere! The Greenville Zoo distance learning programs broadcasts through
- Videoconference – H.323 (Polycom, Cisco/Tandberg, LifeSize, etc…)
- Videoconference – Webcam/desktop (Zoom, Skype, iChat, FieldTripZoom, Vidyo, Movi/Jabber, Blue Jeans, Cisco Webex, Google Meet, etc…) .
- The zoo can connect through IP technology and with those who have internet access and a camera.
- Time: Flexible. Each session is from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the grade level and program chosen.
- Cost: Range from $100-$450 (Greenville County Schools – SC range from $80-$430) per program session. Due to the popularity of these programs, please reserve at least three weeks in advance. Payment is due after the program.
Once your requested date/program has been confirmed, each teacher will receive pre- and post-visit activities, vocabulary words and information regarding the program. To register, see the Distance Learning Topics page and select the “Register” link for the the program you are interested in. This will take you to the CILC website. Follow the steps to complete your request.
Please contact us at 864-467-4850, or via email at [email protected].