– Great Smoky Mountains Railroad [GSMR] is excited to announce the return of passenger
train operations Thursday June 4, 2020. Our Model Train Museum and Gift Shop will also reopen on June 4,
2020. All entities will be operating under state and CDC recommendations. As we begin this process our top
priority remains the safeguard of our visitors, employees, and community.
As we prepare for the June 4 opening, passenger trains will be offering seating in our Open Air Gondolas,
Standard Coach, and Crown Class. Reservations must be pre-booked prior to arrival. First Class service will
temporarily be suspended until August 1. Food service will be limited to pre-ordered box lunches only. We will
be following all health and safety guidelines including social distancing and 6-feet of space between seating and
For the protection and safety of our employees, community, and you as guests we are asking the
• Book your reservation online or over the phone before arriving on property.
• Follow CDC and State health and safety guidelines.
• Please wear a face covering while at the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad upon arriving in the parking lot and Bryson
City Depot and throughout your experience with us.
• Practice social distancing.
• Gatherings/Congregating should not exceed the stated maximum amount for area.
• Follow proper hand washing guidelines.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Stay home if you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of flu or COVID-19. We will work with you to cancel or reschedule
your reservations without penalty when done in advance.
• Be courteous in enclosed spaces and walkways.
• Be prepared with cashless payment methods.
• Remain seated in your assigned passenger coach during your round trip.
• In open seating areas do not sit in non-designated seating. Non-designated seating will be noted by tape or signage.
• Plan ahead for lunch service by pre-booking one of our freshly prepared box picnic lunch options.
In addition, our operating schedule for summer of 2020 has been altered, these changes can be found on our
website. Guests who currently hold reservations for cancelled trains or effected classes of seating will be
notified with the option of seating change, rescheduling, or cancelation, we will continue waiving all fees.
Guests may also call our reservations line at 1-800-872-4681 between the hours of 9AM to 5:00PM EST or
email us at [email protected] Calls and emails will be answered in the order they are received.
Please remain patient with us as our call and email volume will increase.
We appreciate our patrons patience and are excited to see the return of a safe and prosperous 2020 railroad