Sandburg Home Tours – Thursday to Sunday at 11am, 1pm, 2pm.
*As of April 2022, tours are free until further notice. See rates below if they change before your visit. Online reservations are available at recreation.gov.
The Sandburg Home is a great place to start your visit! The ground floor of the home contains visitor information, exhibits, tour ticket sales, the park store, and you can watch the park video. The main and top level of the home are furnished with the Sandburg family belongings. Visitors may only access the furnished ares of the home on a guided tour.
- Tour Reservations: Reserving in advance lets you pick your preferred house tour time. Tours fill up quickly. Last-minute, in-person tickets may not be available on the day you visit. Plan ahead and reserve house tour tickets at recreation.gov.
- Passes: The park does not currently sell the America the Beautiful– National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Passes.
*These passes do not waive the house tour fee, but do provide a discount.
*You can purchase a pass online at America the Beautiful – National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass | USGS Store.
- 30-minute house tours are offered year-round, schedule varies by season. Visit recreation.gov for the current schedule.
- Visitors may only tour the Sandburg Home on a guided tour.
- Tours are limited to 6 persons.
- Strollers are not permitted on the house tour, but there is a place to leave them for storage. Infants and small children should be carried through the house while on tour.
Sandburg Home Guided Tour Fee
*Tours are free until further notice, this chart is the rate when fees resume.
(credit card only)
$10.00 for Adults 16 and older
$6.00 for Adults age 62 and older and all interagency pass holders
Free for Children age 15 and under