On Monday, September 25th we will be switching to a new library catalog powered by Aspen Discovery, providing an improved searching and browsing experience. You will be able to:
- Search for physical items and eContent in the same place
- Discover value-added features such as read-alikes and reviews
- Get notified when new items by your favorite author or topic are added to the collection
- Personalize your library account
- Link family accounts together for easier management
What do I need to know?
- All locations of the Greenville County Library System will be closed on Sunday, September 24th for the transition to the new system.
- Your library card number will stay the same. If you have created an Alternate ID for your library card account, it will also carry over to the new system.
- Saved Lists and Preferred Searches will not carry over to the new system. See a Library System staff member for assistance if you would like help exporting your saved lists.
- On Saturday, September 23rd and Sunday, September 24th, you may experience some down time while accessing library online resources. If you have items already checked out in Libby or Hoopla, you should still be able to view those items. However, you will not be able to check out new items during this time.
- Beginning at 6p on Saturday, September 23rd, the Library System’s mobile app will be temporarily down for maintenance during our transition to new library services management software. Current users of the mobile app will be notified via push notification and the Library System’s website will be updated when the app has been restored.
- On September 25th, all patron PINs will be reset to the last 4 digits of the phone number saved in each account. You will be able to change to a preferred PIN by logging into your account or speaking with a staff member.
- If the Reading History feature is currently turned on in your account, then your history will appear in the new system and that feature will remain turned on for future checkouts.
- The drive-through book return at the Five Forks Branch Library will be closed on September 23–26.
Is there anything I need to do?
There’s nothing you need to do to keep your library account active.
However, there are some things you can do to help make this a smooth transition:
- Speak to a staff member to make sure your correct phone number is saved in your account. This will ensure that access to your account is not disrupted when your PIN number changes.
- Check to make sure your library account has accurate contact information so you can receive library notifications. You can update your email address by logging into your account or by speaking with any Library System staff member.
- If you have set up your own PIN for your library account, you will need to log into your account after 9 am on Monday, September 25th and reset your PIN to that custom PIN. Otherwise, you may have trouble signing in to certain online services such as Libby and Hoopla.